Sunday, September 18, 2011

Second date


Our Second Date

So approximately 2 1/2 weeks after our first date we had our second one. There was so much space between the two because I was on vacation with my family and Weston was still in Texas and eventually on his way up to Utah. Just before this date, we had decided to start dating. So just to recap, on our first date We bet on two bowling games and the loser of one had to make dinner for the other person on our next date and the loser of the next game had to write an original song for the other person. Weston had to make me dinner and I had to write him a song. 

Here we are! Happy as can be. I am wearing the very first piece of jewelry given to me by Weston- a candy necklace :)

Weston decided to make one of his favorite meals: Cajun Chicken Pasta. He NEVER cooks, unless you call 'heating chimechangas up in the microwave' cooking. He wanted to impress me on our date so he practiced cooking this meal for his family before he came back up to BYU. His mom showed him how so that he wouldn't mess up on our date. Isn't he so cute :) :) :)

I tried to make a scared face but it just looks oober nasty. But the meal was SERIOUSLY SO GOOD. I was definitely impressed. He even let me keep the leftovers so I ate it all week.
Now for our songs :)

Here is my song to Weston. It was originally a Taylor Swift song (of course) but I changed the words. The words are written below if you can't understand me in the video. And sorry about the bad guitar playing and singing. I still can't believe I did this for Weston. I must have reeaalllly liked him.

Well, I’m twenty and you’re twenty-two
And You have eyes that look like poo
Or maybe dark chocolate, I’ll be nice
And my family always jokes about the two of us
Giving wet willies and hitting slug bugs but I just smile
And roll my eyes and say oh my my my

Take me back to that week of EFY
We were paired as Co’s, what a nice surprise
For you and me, my heart jumped with glee
Take me back to the meetings at 6:15
Your hair always looked so nice to me
Just co-counselors, you and I
Oh my my my my

Our kids found out and suddenly
We had our own little dance ASAP
I guess you didn’t mind, and neither did I
And our kids would joke around about the two of us
But we didn’t deny or even fuss
So we just smiled and rolled our eyes
And said oh my my my…

Take me back to the time we had our very first date
We played lasertag and you were… great
but all I’ll say is I thought you were a gayyy…mer
Take me back to when we knocked down the bowling pins
Now you’ve cooked me dinner because you didn’t win
But neither did I, if my song’s bad, please don’t cry
Oh my my my my

A few days had gone and come around
We were holding hands on my grandma’s couch
And Katelyn saw, and was appalled
Take me back one last time when we were looking for gas
At 1am I’m glad we didn’t crash
We were singing geeks, I think our voices squeaked
Remind me how we are in the very same stake
But I never knew you, that was my one mistake
But now we’re friends, you and I
Oh my my my my

You’ll be twenty-three and I’ll be twenty-one
Hopefully we can still have some fun
Thanks to EFY, oh my my my


Weston ended up writing me a song too but not because he had to. I just asked him why and he said, "I just wanted to. I knew that if I could show you how fun and witty I was that I could woo you. Fooled you, huh?" Haha. 

I heard there was a Special Girl
For whom men would willingly cross the world
And her beauty and grace would subdue youHer hazel eyes, and a voice that rocks
Not to mention her lingerie socks
Leave men standing there, singing hallelujah

Hallelujah

Once she was on a date
He took her home; it was getting late
Together, they walked to the front door
He leaned in to land a kiss
She moved to the left and made him miss
And Jacob was laughing Hallelujah

Hallelujah

On vacation with her family
Her heart was quickly filled with glee
As the animals played in the water
And then there were Penguins galore
Though she started to tear she wanted more
And as she wept she muttered Hallelujah
Hallelujah

With luck I took her on a date
There was food but I barely ate
In laser tag I met my doom
We bowled late into the night
I was hurt but I used my right
And in agony I screamed Hallelujah

Hallelujah
A dreamer she is, but so am I
But she held hands with the curly head guy
And then she left me all alone
However, in hers, it was different
She placed my face where Edward’ went
As I glistened she cried Hallelujah

Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment