Our courtship
I really want to remember all of the fun times that Weston and I had together in our early relationship. I have printed pictures, but have never described all of our different adventures.
This was in September of last year. My roommates and I were taking roommate pictures up in the canyon and Weston had a really nice camera- so he was our photographer. It was sooooo beautiful up in the canyon. The trees were beginning to change colors and it was gorgeous. Weston and I had been dating for about a month and got a couple good pics of us too. This is one of my favorites:
 |
| The Alpine Loop - September 2010 |
My 21st birthday. For my birthday,Weston showed up at my door around 10am and wouldn't tell me where we were going. All I knew is that we were heading to the mall. I was really worried that we were going to go ring shopping because we had only been dating for like 2 months and I wasn't 100% sure just yet. After we had been driving for about 10 minutes, Weston said that we were going RING shopping. I began to get really worried... I wasn't ready yet and I didn't know what to say because I knew that I would be ready eventually and I didn't want him to think I wasn't at all thinking that we could get married someday. So I kept quiet the rest of the drive and worried Weston to death. We got to the mall and step out of the car when Weston tells me that we'll just go ring tone shopping today instead... and walked into AT&T and I got an i-phone 4!!!
It turns out that my parents had called him and asked him to do this for them. They thought of fake ring shopping and ring tone shopping idea. Weston wasn't completely against taking me ring shopping either. He thought he would see how I reacted to the idea of it and possibly go in the near future. And we did :)
 |
| October 23rd 2010 |
For Halloween, we dressed up as an elderly couple. Best. Costume. Ever. It was so fun acting like an elderly couple and the thought of us growing old together was so wonderful! And Weston got to use his normal funky dance moves while other people thought he was acting as he was dressed.
 |
| Halloween - 2010 |
My family came to Utah for Thanksgiving! It was so fun to be with Weston and my entire family that whole week. This was when Weston asked my dad's permission to marry me. The Utes had just won their football game so my Dad was in a good mood. Weston had also already purchased my ring and was hanging onto it for the right moment.
I love how Weston just towers over my whole family in this picture too.
 |
| Thanksgiving - November 2010 |
Throughout the whole last school year, Weston was super busy with homework. He had just entered the Information System Junior core and was overwhelmed with assignments. We spent almost every school night studying in the library. I admire him so much for how hard he studied and worked all year.
 |
| Finals Week - December 2010 |
The lights at Temple Square during Christmas. So beautiful!
 |
| Temple Square - December 2010 |
Weston and I had just gotten engaged before we took pictures with the Kunz's. I'll have to share how we got engaged in my next post... but I was seriously so excited to take pictures with his family. I had so much fun getting to know them during Christmas time and that time will always hold a special place in my heart. Even though we had pancakes for dinner almost every night, watched a few cheesy movies, and attempted to play scrabble together, I still love looking back on that exciting time.
 |
| Family Pictures - December 2010 |
Some other fun pictures of us from that day:
For Valentines day, I made Weston dinner. He loves mashed potatoes (which I hate) but I learned to make some for him and dyed them red, along with other elements of our dinner. It seemed like a pretty fun idea but kind of turned out looking bloody and weird. I'll probably do this again when we have kids.
Weston is also wearing the shirt I gave him for Christmas :) Loooove it!!!
 |
| Valentines Day - February 2011 |
With our busy schedules and empty wallets we ate at Wendy's all the time. I love the dollar menu there and my usual meal only costs $1.50. We would eat there a lot... I'm talking like at least 4 times a week... we were obsessed.
 |
| Wendy's - March 2010 |
We went to the Festival of Colors! Weston had never been before and I've been 2 times. It isn't our favorite event but I thought it was worth going to at least once so that Weston could experience it. It is fun to throw the colors at each other anyways. This is us before all the mess.
 |
| Festival of Colors - March 2011 |
We are regular babysitters for this super awesome family. They have five adorable kids ranging from 8 years to 2 years old. One of these days we'll take a picture with the whole family. We have so much fun watching these kids. Babysitting with Weston was so great for our relationship. I loved seeing him interact with the kids, who love him to death! Makes me really excited to have our own little family.
We were asked to babysit for April Fools day and had to bring some tricks for the kids. We walked in wearing mustaches, made cake balls stuffed with cotton, and brought water guns disguised as ice cream cones. Let's just say we are super cool babysitters... and will be awesome parents eventually.
 |
| April Fools! - April 2011 |
No comments:
Post a Comment