| My Ring |
Since we had gone ring shopping in the beginning of November, I was just WAITING to be proposed to. I started getting worried that he changed his mind! I had told him that I wanted to be proposed to in a cute, unique way. So that's probably why he waited so long!
Weston would pull mean tricks on me because he knew I was wanting
and expecting it. He would reach in his pocket at random times and smile really
big or he would lean down on one knee to "tie his shoe". My favorite "fake out" that he did was when he knelt in front of me in my apartment holding my hands and then said,
"let's pray." Although I couldn't help but laugh, it was getting
ridiculous. Weston did want to surprise me so I would equally tease him by
saying, "now would be a good time to surprise me."
But finally, on December 19th 2010 was the day Weston asked me to marry him.
![]() |
| Just engaged! (I couldn't say no to his penguin tie) |
His family invited a Santa look alike over to give the kids Christmas presents. Weston's niece, had been scared of Santa the past few weeks so we were going to go on a hay ride as a family to calm her down. So we all loaded up into the back of a trailer with Weston and I in the very back.
We were riding along, caroling, then Weston dropped his flashlight. His Dad stopped the car and I was just going to let Weston go pick it up by himself... but he turned to me and said,
"No, you're coming with me!" So I hopped off with him not knowing
what was to come...
His family drove off to go turn around and Weston and I
walked to this light post which was next to a small beautiful lake and a picnic
table. Weston said that we'd wait here by the light for his family to turn
around.
On the other side of the lake, I saw this lighted sign that said,
"Merry Christmas" and Christmas music was playing. It looked like that house across the lake was having a Christmas Party. We were looking at
it and then half of the lights on the sign went off and it changed to say "Marry
Me" and a song by Train called "Marry me" started to play. Then
Weston grabbed the ring from beneath the picnic bench and asked me to marry
him.
After I said yes, the music changed again to "We are the
Champions" and we walked to a golf cart and drove back to his house.
![]() |
| Thank You Santa! |
Something that I especially love about how he proposed is that he included his whole family. I just love that they were able to help out with this VIP moment. That made me feel that his family loved me too and were excited for me to be a part of their family. They all wanted to make this night special for us and it was.
I am so grateful for Weston. He makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Today is my 22nd birthday! Woot Woot! He has been very busy with schoolwork this past week and hasn't had very much time to plan or prepare, (not that he needed to). Even yesterday, Saturday, he started studying at 7am, went to campus at 9 and was there until 6pm. He has been very busy all week. But today, he has just been so sweet to me. I am so lucky to be married to such a great man.
| Cakeballs |


No comments:
Post a Comment