You are two months old.
You knowingly smiled for the first time on Valentines day. Now, I just sit and try to make you smile all day long. I've found you are smiliest just after you wake up and after you eat. You have the cutest smile too, it makes me giggle each time I see it. We are working on your laugh.
![]() |
| Yay! I'm 2 months old! |
Your dad spent all morning drawing close to the spirit so he could be inspired on what to say in your blessing. He is such a great dad. The spirit was so powerful during your blessing, you are such a special little girl. I was crying the whole time and have no recollection of what was said, just how it felt. Luckily, a sweet mommy friend of mine took notes during your blessing: He gave you your name, Ellie Nicole Kunz. You are a daughter of Heavenly Father, sent here during the last dispensation. He blessed you to learn to draw close to your Father in heaven, that you will overcome temptation and be quick to know good from evil. You are loved, and will be able to share that love with those around you. He blessed you to grow healthy and strong, learn with love, and be able to better the kingdom of God. He blessed you that one day, (in the distant future I will add), to marry in God's temple. Lastly, he blessed you to prepare in every way to work out your own salvation. It was such a special blessing. I will cherish that moment in my heart forever!
![]() |
| Ellie in her Baby Blessing Dress |
You LOVE to be held. Like, you-don't-want-mom-to-get-anything-done-ever-again because you want to be held so much. Luckily, I really like holding you more than I want to get things done.
We have to swaddle you tight for you to sleep by yourself. You make a pretty cute burrito.
![]() |
| Baby Burrito |
The other night while I was rocking you to sleep, I was telling you to stay small and to never grow up. In that moment, you gave me the sweetest smile. I guess you took me seriously because you weighed 7lbs 10oz (less than 5th percentile) at your doctor's appointment. The doctor wants you to gain 1 pound in the next 2 weeks or we are going to have to supplement. You have barely gained 1 pound in the last 2 months, so we have some work to do! You are 21.6 inches long (10th - 25th percentile) and your head is 14.7 inches (10th - 25th percentile). You got 3 shots and were really sad. You were very fussy that night, so fussy you didn't even want to eat. You had a little bit of a fever, so we gave you some tylenol to calm you down. It was so hard to see you so sad.
![]() |
| Skinny baby |
You would sleep through the night if I didn't have to wake you up to eat every 5 hours. Once you gain some more weight, I should be able to let you sleep a little longer. You are still wearing newborn clothes and diapers, which is great because we were just given a lot of newborn clothes for you to wear.
You make life so fun, which is weird because you don't really even do anything yet. Your dad and I talk about how much we already love being parents. I'm sure we won't always feel this way, so we are just soaking it in while we can. Keep growing, my sweet baby girl.
Love,
Your mommy
You make life so fun, which is weird because you don't really even do anything yet. Your dad and I talk about how much we already love being parents. I'm sure we won't always feel this way, so we are just soaking it in while we can. Keep growing, my sweet baby girl.
Love,
Your mommy





This is so sweet!!
ReplyDelete