Sunday, February 26, 2012

My new favorite craft!

Last Sunday I decided it was time to re-do the wall decor in our living room. Our apartment complex management, who owns a painting company, has this really dumb rule that we can't put holes in our walls. So if we want to hang things up, we have to use command strips. Basically those are like a one-time use sticker thing and once you take them off the wall, you can't use them again. So hanging stuff on our walls is kind of a chore. That being said, Weston made me plan out my wall design and get his approval before I could start on it. This means I had to take a picture of our wall, get a picture of everything that I want to put on it, arrange it all on gimp, and show him what it's going to look like. I sure hope he doesn't make me do this when we have a real home :)

Luckily after all that work, he approved it and I got to work! My first project was inspired by these two images. They are not connected to the original source, but they were my inspiration! I loved the clothespins at the bottom of this one so I could occasionally and easily change out the pictures. But I don't have grandkids!
   This is a great idea!

So I switched it with this phrase, which I love :)
I plan to use pictures of our children and family eventually.

All because two people fell in love

The finished product! I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. In the Silhouette software, I was even able to change how the text looks. For example, the font I used for the lettter "A" and "Love" was the coca-cola font which flares out at the end. I changed it so that it came to a point instead.

 I love how it turned out and can't wait until my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment