Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sammy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

getting ready for our date <3

On Friday I checked my email and Groupon gave me a coupon code for $10 in groupon bucks. One of the Groupon deals on friday was $10 for $20 at Sammy's! Groupon even let me use it on that deal so basically we ate at Sammy's for free! I was pretty stoked. 

Thanks for the free dinner, Groupon!

Wes and I are all about saving money. It's not that we are too poor to eat good food, we are just trying to live within our means. With money being the #1 reason for divorce... I think living within your means is pretty important. As poor college students, we can't really afford to go out and have extravagant dates each weekend. We don't go out and see movies at the real theatre, we'll wait until it comes to the dollar theater or redbox (and even when we rent from redbox, we've been using codes to get them for free, hehe). Weston's internship even gave us movie ticket vouchers for Christmas and we are saving them for Hunger Games. 
Instead of going to the at home basketball games, even when the tickets were pretty inexpensive, we would watch them from home. But honestly, being able to sit at home with each other is such a great blessing for our marriage. We can have fun without having to spend money. Sometimes it is nice to get out of the house and do something different, but I'm so glad that we don't feel the need to do that every weekend. In fact, the times that we stay home have been some of my favorite weekends.


If we look cold... it's because we were. 

Sammy's is a super fun burger and pie shake shack. We decided after yesterday that we aren't sure if their burgers are worth the 45 flippin' minutes we had to wait for them, but the pie shakes are another story. Those are soooooo gooooood! They literally take a slice of pie and mix it ice cream. It's genius. Next time we come, we will definitely just get the pie shakes.

They have polaroid pictures and random writing all over the walls. We found this gem on the ledge in front of us.

It says:
THE BEN WRIGHT ---->(his phone number, i assume) <---- trust me, he's a babe ;)
Trust me, he's a babe LOL
I wanted to just share fries, but Wes didn't want the famous sweet potato fries. So of course, we had to get our own. I know what you're thinking... FAT.
There goes our daily allotment of calories... oops!
Here's to another fun and cheap date!

No comments:

Post a Comment