Weston graduates in April. Holy moly!!! We have just one year left in Provo! It will be so nice for both of us to be done with school, but I'm going to miss this town! I'm going to miss the whole everyone-here-is-going-through-the-same-thing-at-the-same-ish-point-in-their-lives atmosphere, the Provo Bubble, all the tiny random businesses, fro-yo on every corner, hiking trails, beautiful mountains, okay weather, local grocery deals, nearby temples and churches. I have been/(kind of still am) compiling a bucket list for our last year in Provo of things that we can't really see or do once we leave. I don't think we will do everything on the list because we are still poor/frugal college students, but we will see come next April!
Places to go:
-Thanksgiving Point
-Provo Beach Resort
-Riverwoods Mall, (Chalk the block sounds cooooool)
-Park City
Groups to see:
-Vocal Point
-A play put on by BYU- Phantom of the Opera (January 16-Feb 2)
Temples to see:
-Oquirrh Mountain Temple
-Mount Timpanogas Temple
-Draper Temple
-Salt Lake Temple
Outdoor Adventures:
-Drive the alpine loop
-Ride the Alpine Slide
-Go Camping in Utah
-The Great Salt Lake
-Utah Lake
-Hot Springs
-Hiking: Hike the Y, Timpanogas Caves, Bridal Veil Falls, Stewart Falls
-Zion's National Park, Arches National Park
Snow/Winter activities:
-Skiing
-Snow shoe-ing
-Ice Skating/Broom-ball at Seven Peaks
-Sledding at Soldier Hollow
Christmas Time:
-Savior of the World (tickets open Oct. 16th)
-Horse Carriage around Temple Square
What a great list! My grandparents live out by the Great Salt Lake, and taking a drive to Antelope Island is something we did every summer (and I took my kids this summer). A few things to see there...cute blog!
ReplyDeleteOooo Sounds fun! Maybe we could stop there while we see the Great Salt Lake!
DeleteThe Manti Temple is also a must!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, skiing???? Really??? Last time we took you skiing was one of the most miserable days of my life ;)
Haha, that one is for Weston. HE is the one who wants to give skiing a shot.
DeleteBoating on Lake Powell?
ReplyDeleteClimbing Timp (not just the easy climb to the cave - go big!)
We don't have a boat! And I think Weston should go with his friends to climb Timp.
Delete